15 THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT BUHARI.
(1) He is the 23rd child of his father.Buhari was raised by his mother,after his father died when he was about three or Four Years old.
(2) He had 10Children(two are deceased).
(3) Buhari undertook military training in three Countries(the United States,India and the United Kingdom).
(4) He reared Cattle as a young boy.
(5) He has eight military medals.
(6) He knew his successor,Ibrahim Babangida was going to overthrow his Government.
(7) He was imprisoned by Babangida for nearly Four years.
(8) His mother died in 1988 while he was in detention and was not allowed to attend her funeral.
(9) He was one of the two private African individuals to be invited to US president Barack Obama's inauguration.
(10) In 1983,when Chadian forces invaded Borno State,Buhari used Soldiers under his command to chase them out of the Country,crossing into Chadian Territory inspite of an order given by President Shehu Shagari to withdraw.
(11) He rejected an offer to work with the late President Umaru Yar' Adua's Government.
(12) He appointed the current Senate President(David Mark)as the Governor of Niger state in 1984.
(13) At 72,he would be the oldest person to ever rule Nigeria.The youngest being Gen. Yakubu Gowon at the age of 32.
(14) He is the third Fulani person to rule Nigeria.
(15) He had military training alongside a former Chief Justice of Nigeria,Aloysius Katsina-Alu.
Posted via Composer