40 Reasons Why Otunba Gbenga Daniel Must Go To Jail
1. N1bn naira unremitted pension deductions from Ogun state workers salary against the contributory pension's law of Ogun state.
2. Fraudulent and illegal payment of an amount of N1bn purportedly as counterpart funding for water projects under ogun state water corporations despite an existing ISPO to the federal ministry of finance for direct deductions from state allocation for same purpose this is against section 121(2) of 1999 constitution of FGN.
3. Fraudulent and illegal debt servicing to the tune of N5.2bn as against an appropriation provision of N350m for the same purpose in 2009.This is a violation of section 120(2) of the 1999 constitution of FRN.
4. Fraudulent payment of N300m electricity utility charges by ogun state electrification project agency despite direct deductions of same from various MDA
5. Fraudulent diversion of N500m Agricultural loan granted by National Agricultural Credit Bank for rural development (NACBRDA) to ogun state government through Ogun State Agriculture and Multi-purpose credit agency. This is against the money laundering act
6. Diversion to cronies and associates an amount totaling N5bn in the name of salaries and allowances under the Contingency and Miscellaneous Vote of the Office of the Governor.
7. Illegal transfer/disposal/mortgaged of government owned enterprises and investment portfolio of over 15bn by Gateway Holdings without any enabling law or House approval.
8. Illegal purchase of 20 refurbished graders to the tune of N950m for local government and subsequent deductions of repayment of same from local government allocation on monthly basis. This is a violation of the Local Government Joint Account law of Ogun State.
9. Illegal purchase of 20 Toyota Prado Jeep to the tune of N200m for various local government and subsequent illegal deduction for the repayment of same against the provision of local government joint allocation law of Ogun state.
10. Illegal and fraudulent procurement of loan from various financial institutions to the tune of over N22bn without approval of the state House of Assembly. This violates section 123(1) of 1999 constitution of FGN.
11. Illegal and Fraudulent retention of his Special Assistant on protocol Mr Wale Osiyemi as caretaker chairman of ijebu North local government against section 39 of Ogun State local government law
12. Illegal and fraudulent concessioning of gateway hotel ijebu ode for the sum of N100m as against the provisions of privatization and commercialization law of Ogun state.
13. Illegal and fraudulent concessioning for 25years of gateway Hotel, Ota for N120m as against the provision of ogun state privatization and commercialization law.
14.Failure to remit the sum of N120m being proceeds from the illegal consessioning of gateway hotel Ota into the state consolidated revenue account This is against section 120(1) of the constitution.
15.Failure to remit the sum of N100m being proceed from the illegal concessioning of gateway Hotel Ijebu Ode into the state consolidated revenue account
16. Illegal and fraudulent concessioning for 25years of Gateway Hotel Abeokuta for N300m as against the provisions of privatization and commercialization law of Ogun State.
17. Failure to remit the sum of N300m being proceed from the illegal concessioning of Gateway Hotel Abeokuta into the state consolidated revenue account. This is against section 120(1) of 1999 constitution of FGN.
18. Failure to disburse to the 20 LGs in Ogun State about N7.2bn being10% of IGR due to various local government between the period of 2003-2009.This is against section 162(7) of the 1999 constitution of FGN.
19. Illegal conversion of judges quarters in ijebu Ode GRA to build conference hotel which belongs to Otunba Gbenga Daniel without due process.
20. Illegal conversion of judges quarters Shagamu to build a mansion belonging to Otunba Gbenga Daniel without due process.
21. Illegal transfer of Ogun State liaison office in lagos to a close ally of Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Otunba Alex Onabanjo who doubles as Chairman Governing Council of Olabisi Onabanjo University Proceed of which has not been remitted to the state consolidated revenue account.
22. Failure to pay into the state Consolidated Revenue Fund the sum of 985million naira being amount received as support for MDG projects in the state. This is against the provision of section 120(1) of the 1999 constitution of FRN.
23. Fraudulent and deceitful presentation as a state financed project an MDG financed project in Ota, the Eye Care Centre at Ota. This is against the provisions of section of the 1999 constitution of FRN.
24. Illegal and fraudulent presentation as Security for loans from banks for contractors from the Treasury of Ogun State. Such contractors include among others ARON CONSTRUCTION COMPANY Ltd.
25. Various illegal deductions from LG funds as established in the report of the OGHA joint House committees on Justice, Ethics & Public petitions committee and Local Govt and Chieftaincy affairs committee. This report was further adopted by a resolution of the OGHA.
26. Failure to disburse to Ewekoro LG the sum of over N122m being part of the amount due to this LG from the federation account. This is as per the report of the State Accountant-General on Returns on LG joint Accounts for the year 2008 This is a violation of Section 162(8) of the 1999 Constitution of FRN.
27. Failure to disburse the sum of over N261m to Ado-Odo Ota LG being part of the amount due the LG from Federation Account. This is as per the report of the state Accountant-General on Returns on LG joint accounts for the year 2008.This is a violation of Section 162(8) of the 1999 constitution of the FRN.
28. Failure to disburse the sum of over N149M to Yewa North being part of the amount due this LG from the Federation Account. This is as per the Report of the State Accountant-General on Returns on LG joint Account for the year 2008.This is a violation of Section 162(8) of the 1999 Constitution of FRN.
29. Failure to disburse sum of over N81m to Obafemi-Owode LG being part of the amount due this LG from the federation Account as per the report of the state Accountant-General on LG joint Account for the year 2008. This violates section 162(8) of the 1999 constitution of FRN.
30. Failure to disburse the sum of over N42m to Ifo LG being part of the amount due this LG from the federation account as per the report of the State Accountant-General on returns on LG joint Account for the year 2008.This violates section 162(8) of the 1999 constitution of FRN.
31. Fraudulent collection from each of the 20 LGs the sum of N2.5m (N50m for all 20 LGs) for U-17 World cup billboards that was never erected. Each LG chairman was rewarded with the sum of N500,000 for keeping sealed lips. This collection is illegal as none of the LGs appropriated for this sum in 2009 budget. This violates the state LG law passed by OGHA as amended.
32. Fraudulent collections from all LGs the sum of over N11m paid to Westerner Publishers Ltd owned by OGD for a seminar billed to hold in Nov 2009. Till date ,the seminar is yet to hold neither has a new date being announced. This is against financial regulation of Ogun State.
33. Illegal mortgage of the site of the old Secretariat at Oke-ilewo as repayment for a N12bn facility owed FCMB Plc. This violates section 120(10 of the 1999 constitution of FRN.
34. Various fraudulent land allocations acquisitions and transactions. The proceeds of which are also shielded in secrecy. This violates Section 120(1) of the 1999 constitution of FRN. A good example of such illegal acquisition is the takeover of a piece of land at OPIC roundabout legally belonging to the state sports council but fraudulently acquired to build sweet sensation, Sterling Bank and Big Treat.
35.Illegal acquisition of the part of the land where Primary Health Centre belonging to the Abeokuta South LG to build Chicken Republic where the Governor is alleged to have a substantial stake. This violates the code of conduct Act.
36. Illegal sale of a Government fuel Dump at Oke-Ilewo to MYKE Petroleum. This is without OGHA approval or any other known due process requirement.
37. Illegal setting up of Ibara Renewal Ltd as an SPV (Special Project Vehicle) to fraudulently take over all old civil servant quarters in the Ibara GRA. Serving Commissioners and other OGD cronies are Directors in this company. Till date, no enabling law approves of this lopsided approach of Otunba Gbenga Daniel.
38. Illegal payment of emoluments to political office holders without an enabling law and a fraudulent backdating of the relevant bill at the point of assent. The assented copies of the improperly signed and the correct version are available for perusal. This violates section
39.Illegal payment of salaries and allowances to Mr Tunji Akinosi who purports to occupy the office of a state Commissioner without meeting the requirement of section 124 of the 1999 constitution of the FRN.
40. Regular fraudulent collections of various monies from all the 20 LGs purportedly as contribution to non existing State/LG joint projects. This violates section 162(8) of the 1999 constitution of FRN.